We exist in one of the world’s most exciting and progressive times to be alive. Having access to all of the world’s information neatly tucked in our pockets leads to a majority of consumers looking to satisfy a need for themselves or their business. Hence, they perform a search to acquire whatever it is that they might need.
Having a solid and well-crafted online presence is more vital than ever. If you are not online, you don’t exist – this is the mindset of most consumers today.
So, how much does it cost to build a website?
Well, how long is a piece of string? I am not attempting to be clever or skirt the answer here but rather to bring attention to the question’s simplicity. Like a string, it can be short enough to make a small bow or long enough to stretch over fields or stadiums.
I have spent the last 14 years working in web development for various sizes of businesses and purposes. The cost to build a site can vary dramatically on multiple factors such as complexity, urgency, and features/scope of work. For this write-up, I will focus on the type most requested and needed for any solopreneur, freelancer, or small-medium business.
After all, in today’s world, if you are not online, you don’t exist.
So what are the minimum requirements for building a website:
- You would need a Domain name
- Good website hosting
- A content management system (CMS, WordPress is a CMS)
- You need to account for website Security, Speed, and Performance.
- Decide on what features and content can benefit you and your customers.
- Ongoing Maintenance and support (updates, patches, features, recurring costs)
- Hiring Website Experts to implement and build this for you (this is not something you would want to DIY).
This list might seem quite an undertaking, and to others, it may seem simple enough to just DIY it.
The most common feedback I’ve received from clients has been wishing they had met us sooner or at least hired a professional from the start. I would offer this same advice to any others embarking on this venture. Focus your time and energy on your strengths and business, make sure it thrives, and let the professionals take care of your website, giving you invaluable peace of mind.
If you are not a website professional, it is a struggle to distinguish who is suitable and safe to work with (and most end up choosing based on price).
Codeable has your back; we wrote a few short but quality guides on the easiest and safest way to hire a WordPress professional:
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a WordPress Consultant
- In What Cases Should You Hire a WordPress Development Company?
- Looking For Great WordPress Developers? Here’s How to Hire The Best Talent
- , and look for more hiring tips.
We have a straightforward pricing calculator, which you can find here. This pricing calculator uses a few factors to provide you with a general expectation (not a final cost) of what building your site, shop, plugin, or simply getting something fixed may cost. These factors include urgency, complexity, the scope of work, and historical data of similar sites.
For example, If I were to start small with low complexity and urgency, with a small scope, one could expect to pay $ 2500 USD for Website Design and Development and $ 3200 USD for eCommerce. If the scope had more and complexity and urgency were medium, one could expect a Website to begin at around USD 7000, and if we included eCommerce for, it to start at about $10 600 USD.
Many may wonder: If WordPress is free software and anyone can use it and set up a website fairly quickly, why should one choose Codeable?
When choosing to work with Codeable, you are choosing to value different criteria for you and your company than a person choosing to possibly DIY their project. Codeables hundreds of highly skilled and vetted experts are of the highest quality in the industry. Our great battalion of new and returning clients almost always share the same caliber of exceptional clients.
If you are a person or business that knows:
- What your strengths are is allowing someone more skilled to take care of the areas you are weaker in.
- Values are having the piece of mind and expecting a higher delivery standard.
- values your time and where you ultimately spend it, and
- Your online presence is not just a business card online but an investment in your future.
Then Codeable is an ideal fit for you.
At Codeable, we are obsessive in providing quality and peace-of-mind as our standard, a cost you cater for when budgeting.
We are the leading WordPress Freelance Marketplace and one of the only places with a minimum hourly rate ensuring our customers choose based on what’s essential and not what’s cheapest. For more about rates and pricing, you can check out our Pricing page.
Codeable can make your search for the perfect candidate seamless and pain-free. It takes a few minutes to submit your brief to Codeable and get recommendations and obligation-free estimations from our expert community.
When choosing what’s best for your project, we offer you the following:
- Highly vetted Experts
- 24/7 customer service
- Customer and Platform Support
- Industry-leading 28-day bug-fixing warranty
- Fair refund and arbitration policy
- Intellectual property ownership
- and most of all, peace of mind and quality outcomes.
There is so much more I could tell you about what goes into building and maintaining websites of all kinds. Still, I hope I have shared with you the foundations that stay true no matter what you go on to make from here. Whether you’re building an informative website, an online store, or a membership community, these are essential to remember when beginning and growing your venture.
Why don’t you post your obligation-free project today and see how much it would cost to build your successful venture?