There are many deciding factors when it comes to choosing a freelance platform such as Codeable, whether working with them as clients or as experts.
In this post, I will draw back the curtain of what makes Codeable unique and let you know why we believe that Codeable is still a “best-kept secret” from many and the default freelance marketplace of choice for all your WordPress needs.
A Freelance Platform of a New Kind
The Codeable story began like many stories of two aspiring creators — meeting under serendipitous circumstances and united in a common belief that together they could make a tiny dent in the universe by building something that made the world even slightly better than before. Spoiler alert: They did it.
It all began over a decade ago, in a “home office” much like the humble beginnings of Disney, Apple, Dell, Amazon, or even Nike; two creators, Per Esbensen and Tomaž Zaman, started building the framework of a dream that was Codeable.
These two co-founders shared inadequate experiences using freelance platforms (one as an expert, the other as a client). While many such marketplaces were already built and thriving, Per and Tomaž knew they could, or more accurately, that they needed to build Codeable differently, starting at its very foundation. Together they envisioned a two-sided marketplace of experts and clients with the company’s focus to be a place where they would be happy and return because of it.
Codeable was born on the foundations of being human-centric, people first, and where experts would happily produce high-quality work, and clients would constantly return.
A decade later, Co-Founder and CEO Per Esbensen reminisces:
“Many people, in the early days, told us how difficult or impossible it would be to make our dream of Codeable successful; thankfully, we proved many of them wrong.– Per Esbensen
The Codeable Way: Trust and Quality
As Tomaž developed what would become the first version of the Codeable platform, Per worked in agencies to help support this dream. In October 2014, out of a small office in Copenhagen, Codeable was launched and officially introduced to the world.
Knowing that most startups fail, they were determined to ensure Codeable was too good to fail by ensuring its solid foundations were built more by their shared values of trust and heart than by just code.
“I think it’s important to have a clear vision and values and to stay focused on those as you grow the business. And it’s important to build a great team with people who share your vision and values. And finally, it’s important to be persistent and be patient and also to stay committed to your goals even when things get tough.”– Per Esbensen
Today, Codeable stands tall as one of the foremost WordPress marketplaces that one can trust to offer the quality it promises.
The unique Codeable way is in a marketplace where highly vetted quality experts are chosen to join a community of peers over the battlefield of competitors.
They understood the importance of creating a healthy work environment, valuing quality over quantity, and building trust with clients in the often chaotic world of freelance marketplaces – the cornerstone of the Codeable way.
Value-Built Freelance Marketplace
Undeniably, Codeable is a platform with a surgically refined set of features created by the development team. The company’s values are conveyed even in the code and features that run the Codeable platform.
How Codeable is built as a platform, both by its feature set and people-first culture, is the defining force that has Codeable stand tallest amongst the noise of other freelance platforms.
When asked to name the top three things that are key focuses in Codeable’s success, now and in the future, Per Esbensen outlined:
- Prioritizing people’s well-being (experts and employees) as a major factor allowing them to produce high-quality work and ultimately returning and satisfied clients.
- Continuously striving for excellence and investing in knowledge-sharing with continuous improvement as a key quality in the expert community mindset and culture – helped along by a growing Codeable expert Academy as a primary resource.
- Consistently enhance working relationships between experts to create even more amazing work by building high morale, and a loyal and happy culture within the expert community, which equally enhances the experience of the clients who work with us and keep coming back.
Peace of Mind
Understanding how stressful and chaotic it can be for clients and experts who have experiences on other freelance platforms, Codeable decided that peace of mind should be baked into the foundation.
These are some of the attributes of the Codeable way that aims to do just that:
- Our experts follow a rigorous vetting process to meet the quality standard. Only about 2% of all applicants make it onto the platform, and with careful quality control, we keep only the best.
- We offer a minimum pricing range ($80-120/hr); while offering an estimate system over the traditional bidding system (there are no price wars or bidding to the bottom). This way, experts can comfortably charge their worth, and the client can choose which fine experts to move forward with. Happy experts, happy clients.
- Our escrow service offers peace of mind to the client and the expert; projects are funded initially and only released to the expert once the client explicitly marks the work as complete and satisfactory.
- Professional and empathetic Codeable support agents are available whenever you need help or reassurance to ensure you and your expert achieve success together.
- We also offer an industry-leading 28-day warranty period once the work has been delivered. Should there be any issues or concerns, our experts and support staff will ensure they are resolved according to the project scope.
The Codeable WordPress Marketplace
Codeable stands out from its competitors with its focus on quality rather than quantity, top-notch services, excellent client satisfaction rates, premium pricing models for superior quality, and global developers. Choose Codeable for peace of mind with your next WordPress project.
With highly trusted experts and a support team always eager to help you move your project forward: Codeable is your freelance marketplace of choice.
Once you consider the rare combined factors that make Codeable such a unicorn among WordPress freelance platforms – from its people-focused beginnings, its high standards of experts in its community, its culture of trust and quality, the undeniable leadership from heart by Per Esbensen, and the great clients who are equally as great as we strive to be – it becomes a fools errand finding comparable competitors.
This is why Codeable is a best-kept secret, a secret you should definitely share.